Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 35: "Hell yeahhh, it's Saturday"

Dear readers, I hope you are not living vicariously through my blog, for although my adventures here in Australia are thrilling and well... adventurous, today was not very exciting. Tomorrow night is Lois' birthday though, so I should be able to make my story quota for the week.

Emma gave Teagan and me a lift, so that she could spend the day learning to breathe underwater while I filled tanks and washed gear. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good day of washing and filling, but it doesn't tend to make for good reading.

After work wasn't all bad though. We came back to the accommodation, and I got to have a brief conversation with Uncle Max, who is apparently a very important figure in local aboriginal society. He told me of his experiences freediving back in the day when their technique consisted of holding on to a rock until they reached the sea floor. A very interesting man, and like everyone around here, incredibly friendly. After deciding to save the excitement tomorrow night, Teagan and I watched Monsters Inc. before I crashed. Lois, who's in Jervis Bay with Sam and Caroline, totally missed out on the fun.

Yours in Planning More Adventures for Your Entertainment,
Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment